Re: making graphical reports from oracle metrics

  • From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:06:26 -0700

I take no credit for this.  I read this at Howard Rodgers site
www.dizwell.com a long time ago.  I've tested it and had better success
with 64-bit distros.  For some reason, my lines got wrapped before I
wanted them to with the 32-bit distros and XML is picky.  If you have
10g (and presumably 11g), this should work to produce an XML and then
you can open it with Excel.  I know this won't produce the graphics but
might provide an easier way to get it into Excel.

set long 100000
set pagesize 400
select dbms_xmlgen.getxml('select * from emp') from dual;

Kevin