Re: major blunders

  • From: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:51:56 +0100

Rman.

If you use rman have 2 batch jobs for each backup.
One that does crosschecks deletes etc
then a Second one that actually does the backup.
that way you can search the second log for RMAN- errors and detect when a
backup has really failed not when one
backup piece from months ago is missing or some other - while significant
not a major priority to fix.

--
Howard A. Latham