Re: lsnrctl start hangs on Oracle 10 R2 on Linux

  • From: Thomas Fox <belvdr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 06:19:12 -0800 (PST)

I have 10gR2 on RHEL 4 with no issues.  Have you set ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN
as well as creating a listener.ora file appropriately before trying to start?
You may try running the Network Configuration Assistant
($ORACLE_HOME/bin/netca) to get a listener.ora created for you.

--Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com