looks like oracle changed how sqlplus -s /nolog works in 10.2.0.3

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:29:28 +0000

Looks like when you log into sqlplus in 10.2.0.3 you get your prompt set up
with user@database. You used to have to write a login.sql script to do this.
However, this appears to have broken a standard way to log into sqlplus from a
unix shell. For years I have used...

sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF
  conn ${LOGINPASSWORD}
EOF

Try it. You just hang when you log in.

Also the following is necessary without -s

sqlplus /nolog << EOF
  conn ${LOGINPASSWORD}
  conn ${LOGINPASSWORD}
EOF

First conn it takes your variable as a variable for the prompt, the second time
logs you in.

Rather annoying. I have been on projects where I Have had tons of code written
the first way with -s /nolog that would have to be changed.

anyone have a workaround to get -s /nolog to work?