Re: long to varchar

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: abhishek.gurung@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 16:05:26 +0100

Make sure the conversion doesn't happen then. I believe this answer gives
you as much information as your question gives us. Given a little more info,
like table DDL, method of transfer, versions of products including data
access methods and actual SQL we may do a bit better.

Niall Litchfield

On May 27, 2010 3:26 PM, "Abhishek Gurung" <abhishek.gurung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 Hi

I am reading data from MS Access and inserting into oracle.
I am facing problem with hyperlink datatype of MS access.
While loading this hyperlink datatype in oracle the oracle is converting it
into long. I want to insert it into Varchar2 type column but unable to do
it.

Regards
Abhishek

The battle for the FIH Hockey World Cup Drag n'
drop<http://specials.msn.co.in/sp10/hockey/index.aspx>