Re: logical corruption

  • From: "Bradd Piontek" <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 12:31:43 -0500

Touching on the RMAN piece. Check out the Reference guide and look at the
'SET MAXCORRUPT" setting.

<snip>
Tests data and index blocks that pass physical corruption checks for logical
corruption, for example, corruption of a row piece or index entry. If RMAN
finds logical corruption, then it logs the block in the alert.log and server
session trace file.
Provided the sum of physical and logical corruptions detected for a file
remain below its MAXCORRUPT setting, the RMAN command completes and
Oracle populates V$DATABASE_BLOCK_CORRUPTION with corrupt block
ranges. If MAXCORRUPT is exceeded, then the command terminates without
populating the views.
Note: For COPY and BACKUP, the MAXCORRUPT setting represents the total
number of physical and logical corruptions permitted on a file.

--
Bradd Piontek
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/piontekdd