Re: logging as oracle using sudo

  • From: "goran bogdanovic" <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "August Spier" <gspier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:30:24 +0200

At this site is the same...My only concern are possible problems during 10g
instalation and later administration of db.
I have seen this on other sites with 9i installations and it worked...I
would appreciate if someone can share her/his experience with 10g.
Thanks.

On 9/7/06, August Spier <gspier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Goran,

I work at a site that generally denies users the ability to log in
directly as oracle as a security measure.  Also, it has disabled the
"su" command for all but root ... But, it has enabled the "sudo"
command for specific users and logs its use for accountability
purposes.  The individual user must enter "sudo su - oracle" in order
to administer the database.

It seems a bit clumsy, but it can be made to work.  The only real
hassle is getting the DBAs to get used to the rigamarole.

r,

Gus