RE: local write wait event

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:41:38 -0700

KG/All,

>see this during (rarely) Truncating a large table while most of the
>buffers of that table in cache. During TRUNCATEs the session has to a
>local checkpoint and during this process, the session may wait for
>'local write' wait.

We are seeing a number of these waits on a largish Oracle Applications
database that has frequent TRUNCATEs some 'temporary' tables that are used
for Inventory's ATP (Available-To-Promise) processes. Makes sense!

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at
http://www.klove.com

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **