Re: local write wait event

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:17:29 +0100

That's a useful bit of information.  Thanks.

I've also come across a strange effect which
I had ascribed, without proof, to frequent truncating
of  global temporary tables with 'on commit preserve'.
Sessions regularly, and for no apparent reason, and
nowhere near a commit suddenly spend a few seconds
(N x 1.03 to be precise) waiting for a 'log file sync'.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th