Re: listener processes being spawned 10g

  • From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

Help,

  Our apps servers suddenly were not able to connect to our databases.  Looking
at the services it appeared that there were multiple listener processes running
on port 1521.  We are using Oracle listener 10g.  It looked as if the parent
process was in fact the other listener process (original listener process)
listening on port 1521.

  Is Oracle somehow spawning additional listener processes?

  Thanks,
  Paula

Sneak preview the  all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just
radically better.