Re: listener intermittently down

  • From: "Frits Hoogland" <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:56:38 +0100

Ujang, you are seeing clear symptoms. What alex is describing, is
investigating the symptoms.

A clear symptom is the listener appearing to be down.
One investigation you did is looking at crs_stat -t output (hopefully
while the listener was not functioning, otherwise the investigation
doesn't make sense), which doesn't appear to show any problems.
Well, get one step further: are there any messages in the listener's
logfile which indicate it is being brought down or started up?

The next thing you are mentioning: multiple lines with listener
-inherit. That would indicate the cluster daemon trying to start the
listener, because it thinks the listener is down. (provided you are
the only one on the system, and not a colleague trying to start the
listener because he found the listener to be not functioning too, just
like you)
Evidence of this event will be in the cluster log file.

The next thing you are mentioning: vip problems. VIP problems
(probably you mean the vip moving to another node). This also is
something which will be in the cluster logfiles. A VIP doesn't move
without any notice anywhere. It will be logged.

High CPU utilization is caused by processes doing something. Using
basic operating system commands like top it is easy to determine which
processes are the cause of this. Again, this gives a lead to
investigate further.

Good luck!

frits