RE: linux vs MS (slight twist on the topic)

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:19:49 -0700

nothing to be proud of there...makes me feel
really really old...

but, gives perspective.  until roughly 1993,
informix sold more unix/xenix licenses than
all of Oracle/Progress/Ingres/Unify combined.

Any my employer at the time owned 33% of
Informix and 50% of Wyse...we thought we were
real hotdogs.

See who can guess who the company was...now
that would show who has their Unix chops