Re: linux kernel parameters

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dimensional.dba@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 16:10:49 -0500

Which ones? I have explained the semantics  of the semaphore parameters. Nobody questioned that semantics. The rest of my statements logically follows that syntax. The statement that SEMMNS should be larger or equal, idally equal,  to SEMMSL*SEMMNI follows from that syntax. If SEMMNS < SEMMSL*SEMMNI then you will not be able to allosace SEMMNI semaphore sets with the length of SEMMSL. That is the reason for my objection to 3000 32000 3000 128 advice. That advice was obviously given by a junior support analyst who doesn't understand semaphores very well because that recommendation doesn't conform to the semantics of the semaphore parameters.

This feels like whipping a dead horse. We're getting nowhere. I understand that you don't like me, but the facts are the facts.

On 2/13/21 3:13 PM, dimensional.dba@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

It is not about being right, it is about being technically accurate. You
make statements with no facts.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant