RE: linux and oracle

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: valpis@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:26:14 +0800

Yeah,

I've seen it on 9.2.0.6 IIRC.

The j000 process hasn't released its file descriptor despite the tablespaces
were dropped and files removed.
A process-state dump though would have shown the file handles still there.

A workaround instead of shutdown would have been to alter system set
job_queue_processes=0, wait until all procs die (or kill 'em if necessary)
and then set job_queue_processes back again.

Hmm.. this could make a good entry into my new blog (wink-wink ;)

Tanel.
http://blog.tanelpoder.com