Re: license

  • From: Chris Dunscombe <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:04:06 +0100

Hi,

I was as at a site some years ago where we had a similar situation and had
Oracle conduct a licensing audit and Oracle said you can not install Oracle
software that you don't have license for even if you don't use it.

HTH.

Cheers,

Chris

Quoting Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>:

It doubt that anyone on this list can accurately answer your question.

The most accurate answer will come from your sales rep.

On 9/12/07, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a question about Oracle licenses.

If you use the dbca to create a set of scripts to use as a model for
database creation it will add entries for different options.  Such as
ultraSearch, Spatial,  OLAP, and so on.

If you have an Enterprise development license,  is it a violation of your
license if you have not paid the additional fee for the options even if
you
don't use them?

Chris Dunscombe

www.christallize.com