RE: library cache lock

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:57:41 -0400

David,

Try the following query to find the blocked sessions and which session is the
blocker.
Note that due to the order by, the first session should be the blocker.

-Mark

select /*+ ordered use_nl(lob pn ses) */
       decode(lob.kglobtyp, 0, 'NEXT OBJECT', 1, 'INDEX', 2, 'TABLE', 3,
'CLUSTER',
                      4, 'VIEW', 5, 'SYNONYM', 6, 'SEQUENCE',
                      7, 'PROCEDURE', 8, 'FUNCTION', 9, 'PACKAGE',
                      11, 'PACKAGE BODY', 12, 'TRIGGER',
                      13, 'TYPE', 14, 'TYPE BODY',
                      19, 'TABLE PARTITION', 20, 'INDEX PARTITION', 21, 'LOB',
                      22, 'LIBRARY', 23, 'DIRECTORY', 24, 'QUEUE',
                      28, 'JAVA SOURCE', 29, 'JAVA CLASS', 30, 'JAVA RESOURCE',
                      32, 'INDEXTYPE', 33, 'OPERATOR',
                      34, 'TABLE SUBPARTITION', 35, 'INDEX SUBPARTITION',
                      40, 'LOB PARTITION', 41, 'LOB SUBPARTITION',
                      42, 'MATERIALIZED VIEW',
                      43, 'DIMENSION',
                      44, 'CONTEXT', 46, 'RULE SET', 47, 'RESOURCE PLAN',
                      48, 'CONSUMER GROUP',
                      51, 'SUBSCRIPTION', 52, 'LOCATION',
                      55, 'XML SCHEMA', 56, 'JAVA DATA',
                      57, 'SECURITY PROFILE', 59, 'RULE',
                      62, 'EVALUATION CONTEXT',
                     'UNDEFINED') object_type,
       lob.kglnaobj object_name,
       pn.kglpnmod lock_mode_held,
       pn.kglpnreq lock_mode_requested,
       ses.sid,
       ses.serial#,
       ses.username
  from v$session_wait vsw,
       x$kglob lob,
       x$kglpn pn,
       v$session ses
 where vsw.event = 'library cache lock'
   and vsw.p1raw = lob.kglhdadr
   and lob.kglhdadr = pn.kglpnhdl
   and pn.kglpnmod != 0
   and pn.kglpnuse = ses.saddr
order by pn.kglpnmod desc, pn.kglpnreq desc
/