RE: library cache load lock

  • From: "Potluri, Venu (CT)" <venu_potluri@xxxxxx>
  • To: <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:19:41 -0400

I had this problem recently in our Oracle Applications database. Had a
TAR open with Oracle Support and they proved to be useless, as it
happens more often than not. I couldn't get them to give me a sure fire
way to identify the session causing the others to wait on this event.
There is a doc on metalink that describes how to troubleshoot this. The
name escapes me but search on something like "how to troubleshoot
library cache clock". Everytime I saw this wait event, I took a system
state dump and looked at the trace file which could help in identifying
the offender. It was largely a futile exercise as I could never identify
the offender in two weeks using what Oracle had given me. Good luck.