libaio on RHEL4

  • From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:32:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I am attempting to install Oracle 10g R2 on Red Hat ES
4.  The installer pre-requisites say that I should
install the libaio-0.3.96 package.

I cannot find libaio on my system in the usual lib
directories, by querying the RPM database or by using
"locate" (I can see it on a different server in
/usr/lib).  However I do see some processes already
running [aio/0], [aio/1] etc. which suggests that
there is some form of AIO support -
how can this be if libaio is not installed?

As always, any help much appreciated!

Charlotte

http://mail.yahoo.com