RE: large dump file -send directly to tsm

  • From: "Mathias Zarick" <Mathias.Zarick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gulzar.arif@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:59:13 +0100

Hi Arif,

have a look at adsmpipe tool. Maybe this is interesting for you.
Goto http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/ and search for adsmpipe.

With this tool you can do things like:

exp into pipe, gzip from pipe into pipe, adsmpipe from pipe into tsm...
and reverse of course.

You will have to compile the tool yourself and it is not officially
supported
by IBM but in my tests in made a real good work. An important thing that
I remember was to estimate the space that will be used by the file
in tsm to give it a chance to allocate enough there. Give it a little
more
than you estimated and it will a make a good job for you.

HTH Mathias