Re: laptop configuration

  • From: Saurabh Sood <email2sood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kp0773@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:02:12 +0530

Hi,
I recently bought Toshiba L745 with flowing configuration:
640GB disk space
8GB RAM
i5 second gen.

I installed 11gr2 RAC on OEL5 with allocating 3 GB to each VM machine and
this setup is running fine...
The total memory consumption is near about 7.5 GB (Windows 7) and CPU usage
is not more than 25%.
The main thing to consider is the memory, the more you have, better will be
the performance..

--Saurabh Sood
www.askdba.org/weblog

--