RE: kernel Upgrade: Oracle 9iR2, RHEL3, and kernel version (max)?

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 11:16:58 -0700

Chris,

We are running RH ES 3.0 in production right now:

2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp

Oracle support does not (at least for Linux) supply supported kernel
versions (I believe they used to do this with Solaris, but I am not
quite sure on that one).

Do not OCFS, so I cannot help there.

Found this post on RH's bugzilla that talks a little about the hugemem
and smp kernel models.  You might want to take it from there.  Also, I
saw during this search, quite a few hits that refer to security issues
with hugemem that you might also want to investigate.

--
Ron Reidy
Lead DBA