Re: is it possible to manufacture a query plan.

  • From: Ian Cary <Ian.Cary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DHayden@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:51:33 +0000

There  is a package sys.dbms_advanced_rewrite which has a few limitations
but may be able to do what you want i.e. add a hint

Cheers,

Ian

|         |           DHayden@xxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           oracle-l-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org       |
|         |           23/02/2012 15:25  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           DHayden           |

  |       To:       oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                     |
  |       cc:
                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  is it possible to manufacture a query plan.

I have a query that can't be modified. It is a vendor supplied query.
Since I can't change the query is there any way to do something like ...
Hint the query and generate the query plan then  somehow force the database
to use this plan when the other non hinted query is run?
Is there anyway do insert a query plan based on a hash id of another query?

Or any other way possible to force a similar result?

For the latest data on the economy and society consult National Statistics at
http://www.ons.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages are routinely monitored for
compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications

Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not
necessarily those of the Office for National Statistics

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure
Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in
partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On
leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.