Re: is Oracle evil? About former Sun Open Source @Oracle

  • From: Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:10:27 +0200

I don't really understand why people see that Oracle is doing evil in this
case. After all, Oracle is not a charity, neither is Enterprise DB (backed
by IBM and RH). So Why Oracle should give servers so people can develop
software that EDB and others make profit from? Let IBM and RH give away the
required servers. Oracle never announced that they will continue endorsing
whatever Sun was endorsing,

rgds