Re: is Oracle evil? About former Sun Open Source @Oracle

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:06:41 -0500

I use OpenOffice pretty extensively - even for business-related stuff.
The interface isn't as slick as office, but I think it has rather good
functionality.  For example, it nicely manages a 219 page lab handbook I
maintain (with extensive document styles and master/slave documents).  [
ardentperf.com/pub/schneider-RAC11g-lab.pdf ]  And of course I like the
cost and licensing.

-Jeremy

--
http://www.ardentperf.com