RE: is Oracle evil? About former Sun Open Source @Oracle

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:35:01 -0400

 Not something I would have expected Oracle to do, at least as long as
the servers in the build farm did not need replacing or other such
expensive maintenance.  I've used PostgreSql in the past & yes it is a
lot like Oracle, especially the current release, but in many a shop it's
not acceptable just because it does not have a MOS equal when trouble
hits.  Wonder if a similar fate awaits Open Office as well.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International