Re: is Oracle evil? About former Sun Open Source @Oracle

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:21:37 -0700

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Walker, Jed S
<Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  I don’t think many people do - I think it is a small minority of people
> that think they are evil for this. They are a business and it makes sense
> that they would not provide free service to a competitor. It is just bad
> news that PostgreSQL has lost those servers. Hopefully Oracle at least gave
> them reasonable notice, but PostgreSQL should have seen it coming and
> prepared for it if they were smart.

Of course they are not obligated to continue supplying these servers.
The article stated that no notice was given, the servers
were simply taken away without notice.

If done intentionally, that was unethical and mean spirited.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com