Re: intel clusters in a box

  • From: Paul Baumgartel <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:43:35 -0500

I'm also about to start putting together a cluster for RAC on
Oracle10g.  What are the Amazons and eBays of the world using for
hardware and OS?

And if I may slip in a related question:  the Tech. Services directory
of our parent company is planning two new data centers, primary and
secondary.  There will be identical SANs at each (probably HP EVA
arrays), connected via high-speed fiber.  He is insistent that all
data replication between sites take the form of synchronous SAN-to-SAN
replication, in which writes at the primary site are not confirmed to
the application until the data has traveled over the fiber and been
written at the remote site as well.  My question is this:  Can RAC
support such a model, and how?  Let's say two RAC nodes at the primary
site, and one at the secondary, all part of the same cluster.  Can
this configuration, can all nodes behave as though they are connected
to the *same* physical array?

Thanks in advance.

--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l