Re: intel clusters in a box

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don Granaman <granaman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:26:17 -0500

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 04:44:45AM -0800, Don Granaman wrote:
> Actually, the Dell/EMC:Clariion)/RedHat Oracle-certified 9i RAC cluster
> platform has been around for a while.  We've had such a critter for almost
> two years.  Its OK now, but there were growing pains.  Linux is not Solaris,
> or AIX, or ...  In hindsight, its humorous.  At the time, it was
> exasperating.

Two years ago I looked at this stuff and decided my unix vendor made
me too warm and fuzzy.  I'm glad someone had the growing pains.  Thanks!
Bring in the purple hearts!

I'm beginning to think it is time.  Are there any other players
besides dell/emc?
Ray Stell       stellr@xxxxxx        (540) 231-4109        28^D
--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l