Re: inline views & unions & other schemas; ora 9.2.0.6 bug?

  • From: cosmin ioan <cosmini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:12:24 -0700 (PDT)

P.S.  due to the sheer no. of records and complexity of already existent
code/views, if I can help it, I'd rather look for a purely sql/set based
solution, rather than one that involves PL/SQL, unless one is comparably fast
:-)

  thx again,
  Cosmin

cosmin ioan <cosmini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    hello all, I'm getting an ORA-03001 --"unimplemented feature"  when I'm
trying to select off a view based on other views (in turn based on other
views... multiple levels, etc) containing UNIONS and INLINE VIEWS, in some
pretty big ORA Apps modules.

  I am **only** getting this error when querying from a different schema, and
even then, it happens intermittently, on some instances, on some particular
selects in a long UNION set.

  I do not get the error when trying to select **from within** the owner's
schema.
  I've tried to reduce the problem to the simplest tables/queries but still
cannot put my finger on the issue other than the fact that..the problem seems
to go away if I do not use UNION to pull in more sets data.... however this is
needed...  I traced this to a Metalink article:

  Subject:  Ora-3001: "Unimplemented Feature" On Query Using "WITH" and FGAC
  Doc ID:  Note:361345.1 Type:  PROBLEM
  Last Revision Date:  15-MAR-2006 Status:  MODERATED

  Has anyone seen anything like this before, ...how can this typically be
circumvented?
  (I have query_rewrite_enabled=true, etc)

  my initial thought would be to create/populate some adhoc global temporary
tables, do this preloading of a pretty huge ora apps summary beforehand....
or...fix this somehow (the part I'm interested).... or  basically to turn
(simplistically speaking) a query such as
  line1, 1,2,3,4,5,6 from dual (a horizontal layout) into a vertical one
  line1
  1
  2
  3
  4
  5

  in effect eliminating the current UNIONS which are causing me this current
headache?

  thx much,
  Cosmin