Re: indexing

  • From: Taral Desai <taral.desai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian Zelli <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:19:59 -0600

Well. this might be too much but still depends. You need to provide some
more information Like
1. How many approximately rows this table has
2. No. of columns
3. How frequently int's updated/deleted or data is inserted.
4. What kind of indexes it has and what are the layout

And most importantly is you need to ask Is this index is going to help some
query if so then can it be combined with other index.

So, it's not easy to answer this question without any information.

--

Thanks & Regards,
Taral Desai