index + table monitoring performance

  • From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:15:24 +0300

Friends,

We have the utter most critical database in the bank which is used for
share trading appliction. The database runs on AIX 5.2L OS with 12 cpu
and 24GB of RAM. SGA is around 3GB and PGA is 2.4 GB.
We are planning to enable index monitoring on application schema, this
schema is heavily accessed during trading hours, i.e. 3 hrs. in the
morning and 3 hrs. in the evening, though its 24x7 database, and
number of transaction per second are 120.
Could you please shed some lime light or suggest us as per your
experience that enabling index monitoring cause any performance
degradation? Because, even 5% of performance degradation is un
acceptable. Please lets us know the pros and cons of enabling index
monitoring.
We also planning to enable table monitoring on this schema to collect
statistics  on table which has STALE statistics. Does this effect the
performance?

Thank you in advance
--
Best Regards,