Re: incremental backups

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mjalsingh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:20:40 -0500

I'm a bit late with follow up but you should probably find useful the
presentation I delivered at UKOUG 06 (the first one here -
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/309/ukoug-2006-presentations-available).
Note that this is not an official guide of BCT internals but based on
private research. Actually, parts of it *not* exactly correct as I
figured out later so threat it accordingly.
If you are interested, I'm going to deliver an updated version during
IOUG in April as well as at the EOUC 07 in Amsterdam in May.

On 3/7/07, Manmohan Jalsingh <mjalsingh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any idea on performance impact on database by using block change tracking
feature.
The database we are considering using this feature is a large erp system
which generates
about 40gb archivelogs daily. Currently, we run a cumulative incremental
which almost
run for same time as full.

--
Best regards,