Re: increase in waits when index monitoring is on

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:03:44 -0000

This seems a little surprising.

Have you run the test with SQL trace enabled so that you can see if there
is any recursive SQL to account for the difference.

Every time you optimize a statement that uses a monitored index Oracle will
attempt to insert or update a row in a real table to show that the index is
monitored - so some related activity may account for what you see.

Can you create a simple reproducible test that show the effect on a
sequence of steps like:

create table
insert data
commit