Re: inbound connection timed out (ORA-3136) RAC

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lawrence.wolfson@xxxxxxxxxx, oracle list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:54:55 -0700 (PDT)

I would never be one to point fingers-  I'm a DBA and do not understand the
network infrastructure as well as the Network admin, but as a DBA, I do have to
deal with the errors and the database is always guilty until proven innocent.
We will and do get these errors unless I put in the following parameters into
my sqlnet.ora file:
SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME =10
INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER=0
SQLNET.INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 300
SQLNET.SEND_TIMEOUT = 300
SQLNET.RECV_TIMEOUT = 300

Cycle the listener and these errors disappear.  Now-do I think there is most
likely something amiss that I require this in my sqlnet file?  Yes, most
definitely..  Do I have the time or skills to figure it out?  Very
questionable... :)

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."