Re: ** import tuning

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:54:32 -0400

Marquez, Chris wrote:

>Yes, I only use it to speed the IMPort on a non production database and
>un-set it!
>*BUT* even unsetting _disable_logging can be challenging...you must
>cycle through all the redo logs after unsetting and before you can go
>into archive log mode.
>I'm not recommending this parameter for normal business use.

There is so called "DP" option to imp/exp. By using impdp/expdp you can
double your pleasure
and double your fun. It is a bit version specific, but other then that,
it does use PQO and parallel DML,
which means that it is much, much faster then without the "turbo". The
fun part is that export file
with turbo option is in XML format, so you can do many things with it.
These "DP"  options
are priceless, so you don't even have to use your MasterCard(TM)

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA