RE: ** import tuning

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:28:27 -0400

These are notes I have found, taken, and used many times...and not always all
of them at the same time...what these parameters "undo" you might have to
"redo: later; index, stats, etc.
Same of these are not very good for regularly reoccurring IMPorts...I tend to
start hacking when I need to move a lot of data, one time, fast(er).

hth

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

-----------------------
Faster IMPORTS
-----------------------
Set IMP parameter COMMIT = Y.
Set IMP parameter RECORDLENGTH >= EXP RECORDLENGTH value.
Set IMP parameter BUFFER = MB (Set in the MB range not KB range)

Set IMP parameter STATISTICS = NONE (9i, n/a 8i)

Set IMP parameter RECALCULATE_STATISTICS = N. (8i, n/a 9i)
Set IMP parameter ANALYZE = N. (8i, n/a 9i)

Set IMP parameter INDEXES = N (Import them later...separately)

Set init.ora parameter LOG_ARCHIVE_START = FALSE *&*   alter database
noarchivelog;
Set init.ora parameter _disable_logging = TRUE (Warning, this could be
dangerous and unrecoverable in failure.  Backup immediately after import)

Use Locally Managed Tablespaces on target database.