Re: import

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:32:54 -0300

You can create the table as select if your objective is to simply populate
the table. Or you can insert select. Anyway, are you using traditional
import/export or datapump? in Data pump you have the REMAP_TABLE clause
which will allow you to change the table name... with traditional
import/export I'm not sure you can do what you want... you can use the
fromuser touser clause but I think the table names remain the same.

Again, if your problem is that you need to get all the data from one table
to another in the same database, there are easier ways (even datapump can
help you there).

Cheers.
Alan.-