Re: impact in performance of unused database options installed

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:40:03 -0500 (CDT)

Niall replies:

> Finally there are a bunch of notes from metalink where absent or partially
> installed features themselves cause upgrade issues.

It's not just partially installed features, but some fully-installed ones as
well.  It doesn't look like that's stated/implied in MOS 870814.1, but it's
buried somewhere in MOS.

Having spent the pain of upgrading 10.1 to 11.2 with what I'm guessing was
an accidental DBCA all-options install, OLAP was the worst.  The "deinstall"
scripts just don't work.  I had to open a few SRs and eventually amend
Support's fixes to actually get it to go away.  Thank Goodness those DBs are
now out of Production and my nice clean new ones on new servers have taken
over.

For a list of MOS articles on how to deinstall options, see
//www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/OMF-or-not-OMF-DBCA-or-Manual-scripts,15

:)

Rich