Re: ** imp using multiple compressed exp dump files

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, yong321@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:38:48 -0700 (PDT)

Yong,
   Thanks. My sh did have a rm -rf comp_pipe in the beginning. So I assume that
takes care of it. In some cases I do notice that in some cases the split_pipe
and comp_pipe do keep getting a new updated date when I do ls -l even after the
exp process has finished and there are no split or comp processes.
So are these steps I am doing correct?
nohup cat xaa xab xac xad > split_pipe &
nohup uncompress -c split_pipe > i_pipe &
nohup imp file=i_pipe

Thanks Joel for your response. I will try rsh next time. Thanks