** imp using multiple compressed exp dump files

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:53:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
   I did a export using split pipe compressed. Now I am trying import using :
nohup cat xaa xab xac xad > split_pipe &
nohup uncompress –c split_pipe > i_pipe &
nohup imp file=i_pipe ..

but I am getting error
IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file
IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

I created the pipes using mknod similar to export which had no problem
terminated without warnings. Any idea what can be the problem. The data is too
big to do it without split or compress.  Thanks for help.