** identify time/number for individual table, index accesss within a sql

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ajoshi97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:02:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

  For : OLTP database

Oracle version : 10G

OS : SunSolaris

For a procedure taking a long time  : I have taken a 10046 trace.
From that I  can do tkprof and get the times for  individual
sql. Now : How do I get time taken for and number of table, index
accesses within a sql query. For example : i have sql joining upto 6
tables and some are full table scan and some are index access. I want
to know which one is taking time. Please help and thanks.  I am
able to estimate full table time by running it from sqlplus. I think
full table with some checks takes longer. For index access : I can
estimate for single index scan : however : i do not know how index
scans are taking place. From the explain plan I was trying to go in the
order : but there also doing the order is not easy. Can someone help me
figure this out. Thanks