RE: ias_admin like user

  • From: "Adrian" <ade.turner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>, <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:45:34 -0000

Totally agree with Jurijs.

We allow our developers to do something pretty similar, but with a java
deployer rather than shell scripts - we run AS on win2k3 (not my choice, but
it works and scales okay).

In addition to allowing the developers to deploy EAR files, the java code
allows them to change any files at container level: j2ee/container/applib
and j2ee/container/config (running dcmctl updateconfig -ct oc4j after).

We don't allow any changes which might affect another project coexisting in
a different container in the same application server on production, and this
way if they mess it up their development container you just have to recreate
it.

I'll add to anyone considering Windows for this that the combination of
file/directory locking caused by explorer and (un)deployments can be a real
pain, but it can be worked round.

HTH
Adrian