Re: hp to linux...Redhat upgrade ?

  • From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 16:08:22 +0000

Depends on your DB size(s). We moved/upgraded our 10.2.0.4 DBs from RH Linux
servers to Oracle ODAs (Oracle Linux 5.9) via DataPump Export/Import. Largest
DB was about 500GB. It worked perfectly for about 20 DBs.

We'll do the same in the near future for migrating the data from our old 9i ERP
database on HPUX to our new ERP on the ODAs, only we'll have to use legacy
exp/imp for that.

----
Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator
Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)