how to store/retrieve html file and images in blob

  • From: "Ivan Chow" <ichow2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 23:47:43 -0400

Hi,
I've a table that stores pdf, doc, html, images in blob and I'm using
Forms9i to display the files.

The records look like
fileid    filetype        filename
1         word           mydoc.doc
2          pdf             mypdf.pdf
3          html           myhtml.html
4          gif              myphoto.gif

From the records above, I store each file as a separate record - one fileid
refers to one filename, one filetype. I've no problem storing and retrieving
files this way. Today however, I was given a homepage.html file that has
embedded banner (banner.gif) and pictures ( 2 gifs) in it - a total of four
files.

I've no idea how I'm supposed to store this homepage.html file together with
the multiple gif files in the table. I can store the homepage.html and the
three gif files that it referenced as separate records but then I do not
know how I'm supposed to use forms9i or any other software tools to retrieve
the html file along with the gif files. Also, it does not make sense storing
the four files as separate records since all the gifs belong to the same
homepage html file. The only way I can think of is storing the html and gif
files on the file system as bfile and use forms9i to retrieve the
homepage.html.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

TIA

Ivan