RE: how to prevent DBA burnout?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:45:14 -0500 (CDT)

Adding a DBA is not always the answer.  Some of us wierdos thrive on being a
single point of success, given the proper environment of course:

//www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/1-DBA-in-a-company,7

(silly RFC 1738 allowing commas in URLs)

The environment is key!  But when the workload elevates beyond the single
(super)human DBA and another is needed, careful consideration of the
distribution of the new responsibilities must be done.  And all the other
good stuff, too, when hiring a new soon-to-be-trusted DBA...

My $.02,
Rich