Re: how to improve impdp

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Hsieh, Joan" <Joan.Hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:17:48 +0100

On 17/07/13 14:11, Hsieh, Joan wrote:
> Hi Norm,
>
> Thank you so much. You cleared my confusion.  Yes, I queried dba_objects
> after I dropped the tables and views. I thought objects in recycle bin should
> be named like BIN$$.

Most objects, or at least the ones that you create - tables for example
- that go into the recycle bin get named BIN<something> as you note.
However, I think, but I'm not 100% sure, the ones that Oracle itself
names for you (LOBs!) will have unique names and thus, will not need to
be "unique-ified" by tagging BIN and such like to the original name.

I suppose if I dropped a table, if it didn't have it's name mangled for
the recycle bin, when I recreated it with the same name, there would be
a potential duplicate name problem.

> Learned a new thing from this. Thanks again.

Welcome.

Cheers,
Norm.

--