how to get all ROWIDs from a table (without selecting it)?

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:26:09 +0100

List,

Does anyone knows a way to get all ROWIDs from an table without selecting it? My investigations led me to DBMS_ROWID.ROWID_CREATE and DBA_EXTENTS (Note:238272.1 helped me a lot) but now I'm a little stucked. I does not know how to get all used row_numbers for all blocks (which I calculate from dba_extents) to generate all ROWIDs in DBMS_ROWID.ROWID_CREATE. Even unused blocks are not within reach for me. (But if I would know there are no row_numbers, It would be a strong indication for a unused block). DBMS_SPACE.UNUSED_SPACE helps to get the High Watermark (I hope, still untested, sorry).

Has anyone any hint how to get the remaining pieces of this puzzle?

thank you in advance,
 Martin

--
Martin Berger   http://berxblog.blogspot.com