Re: how to deal with this situation? truncate table + statistics

  • From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:17:02 +0300

Appreciated you guys valuable opinions and great response towards my question.

Carel, my mgmt. carry the misconception that this database has lot of
deletes, updates and huge inserts, we need to analzye it  every day. I
tried to explain them technically, I couldn't convience more to them.
Since this procedure going good, I dont want to temper or bring more
issues.
Though, its a 24x7 database, but, the tradining hrs are only 3 hrs in
the morning and 3 hrs in the evening. When I put these options in
front of my boss and mgmt. they have given permission to analyze those
tables before evening session starts and regarding the morning session
issue, they says analyze table before truncate and leave the  old
statistics.
I once again thank you guys for your immense response.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain