Re: high "latch: cache buffers chains" waits in 10.2.0.3 DB

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:07:25 +0200

We use a product called ActiveKnowledge last year that is designed to do just that.

You send the sql to the product, instead sending them to the database.
The product then make changes in the SQL and then pass them on to the database. It was built specifically to deal with canned application where you have no control on the source. We run the whole bank oracle usage through this product without any noticeable degradation in performence and almost without problems.

Contact me if you want more details.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

bkaltofen@xxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

SQL tuning is not an option, as I said. I know that it is the preferred approach in this case, I suggested that to teh customer myself, but not possibel. The customer knows about that, but pleases us to look for an other way.