Re: help with batch operation

  • From: chet justice <chet.justice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eugene.pipko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 18:11:20 -0400

The file name can change, but you have to use DDL to do so:

ALTER TABLE table_name LOCATION ( 'new_file_name.csv' );

I found that out the hard way...at least it was in dev.  I did
something like this previously for a DW environment.

Part I <http://www.oraclenerd.com/2008/04/validating-process.html> and
Part II <http://www.oraclenerd.com/2008/05/validating-process-part-ii.html>

Essentially what you need to do, is create a simple java class that
can read the contents of your directory,
wrap that up in a PL/SQL Stored procedure then loop through the
directory contents.

I think your best option, to avoid DDL, is to rename the file in the
directory using a combination of Java (directory contents)
and UTL_FILE to rename the file to some "common" name you choose.  You
can utilize the same methodology to move
the files after you have completed processing.

Hope this helps.

chet

 Hi all,

--